Wednesday 5 November 2008

Well this sucks...

We had fabulous plans to go drink beer with mates and watch the election results roll in.

But then I got a nasty cold. All I can do now is rotate between the couch and the comfy chair, with quick jaunts off to the kitchen for more herbal tea.

Blech. It's 1am, I'm tired but too worked up to go to sleep. And the prospect off watching CNN/internet coverage for the next three hours without any tasty beverages is somewhat daunting.

Maybe I'll start live-blogging right from the lounge room if I find the motivation...

Right.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

3 CHEERS FOR CHANGE!! Folks in my West Philly hood were literally dancing in the streets last night.

Douglas said...

I managed to employ the perfect strategy, without even trying. I turned on CNN at 2am, watched it for half an hour, fell asleep, woke up to an image of John McCain walking onto a stage. Imagine my bewildered panic at seeing him. Imagine it fade into befuddlement. Imagine it grow to joy. Imagine joy give way to not being sure if I was awake or not. Imagine that turning to some weird mix of disbelief. From there I moved swiftly to joyful acceptance. Later on a CNN reporter said to some guy in Chicago, "You've had disappoinment this year with the Cubs..." to which he immediately answered, "I'm a sox fan, ma'am." Respect.

Douglas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douglas said...

dude, i'm like totally sick of looking at this every time i log on to the stools. i mean like i know everybody's busy and stuff this time of year but don't you at least have a picture of somebody like sitting on santa's lap or like something? it's been like almost a month and your fans are like getting bored! i'm sure le chat at least is like with me on this one.