Friday 2 July 2010

And here we go again...

If you guys get sick of these now daily updates, just let me know.

I went out to the MDC (the institute where I used to work and where Kate currently works) today for a seminar. The seminar was cool, mechanotransduction in worms - yay, but I was particularly looking forward to the chance to do my old bike commute back into town. 50 min. on average, through cornfields, large plots of city gardens, and finally into downtown. A really nice ride. Maybe I'll take photos someday.

So now I'm back home, hot and sweaty, and about to hop into the shower before the Holland-Brazil match.

Here's a photo of my mom when we went for a bike-ride during her last trip to Berlin:

This was the now-legendary mum-mom trip, where we had two maternal units visiting us at the same time! As part of the holiday we went up to Stralsund on the Baltic Sea, where we found this little gem.


Resulting in these satisfied looks:

2 comments:

Douglas said...

The only thing I don't like about these daily posts is that it means the Tribe swept my beloved Blue Jays. Other than that, I hope the Cleveland Steamer keeps on rolling... or some other inappropriate euphemism for a gross sex act.

the hairy one said...

the "cleveland steamer" sounds to me like some sort of giant mollusk that lurks in the dark corners of lake erie