Tuesday 3 November 2009

belated halloween spirit

Kate was recently away in Chicago for a week-long neurobiology conference (which she'll tell you all about). I tried to make the most of her absence by spreading out 15 years of photos across our living room, making a massive mess in the process. The master plan being to organize, scan, and back-up everything.

It was an audacious plan. And while some level of organization was achieved (instead of one big box, there are now 8 piles), the scanning and backing-up remains a bit of a pipe-dream. But hey, in the process I found this gem from a Halloween long ago.
I'm particularly fond of the rope belt/shoe combo that I'm sporting.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Jesus, you still wear the same shoes as you did 25 years ago. That's having a style.

Douglas said...

I'm baffled; should I go shooting, warring, or wage cherubic peace?

Kate, I hope you ate as much deep-dish pizza as you could while you were in the single most fabulous city in existence.

jack "php" the dripper said...

you're a punk

take care
p

Unknown said...

I have a lot of catching up to do on your posts. First, the Nokia commercial. Wow. I was very curious from the description what role the director had in mind based on your "look" -- imagine my relief that he just had you pose as a headbanger. Second, the halloween shot is nothing short of adorable.

Did I mention we have 3 new kitties? Dexter, Alice and Maisy. Did I mention that Dexter had not fully recovered from a bout of ringworm when we got him and now all of the kitties are sporting lesions? Did I mention that ringworm in cats is most definitely contagious to humans? Lesions for everyone! Still, they are all such purring machines that I can't hold a grudge for long (just for as long as it takes to apply jock itch ointment).

Grandma S said...

...aaahhhh...memories....

If you're looking for more blog material, I could try to find the Halloween photo where you're dressed as a nun....

jeff said...

i don't think anyone wants to see photos of a nun with pubescent 5 o'clcok shadow. ick.

jeff said...

oh. and double ick on the ringworms. And that comes from someone who spends way too much time cultivating worms.

Emily said...

Glad to see I am still an "angel" in real life. :)