Wednesday 25 February 2009

Screw football!

I think that the bacon = hipster fleisch post has run it's course. Which can only be a good thing.

Next up: Baseball!

And let me tell you, after watching some very disappointing football/soccer matches the last couple of weeks, I am more than ready for baseball season to start up. How ready, one might ask.

This ready:
Looking at the second photo, I'm reminded that Kate's shoulder has not seen the light of day in many months. Which is just a very polite way of noting that the less cold-tolerant half of the Stool family is well over winter (Cue getaway weekend to Barcelona).

Did I mention that spring training games start tonight - woot! And, as if we needed any more sport-related excitement, the first Australia-South Africa test begins tomorrow. It's like a party with an over-abundance of small hard balls. And potentially a lot of blond-tips.

The only crappy thing is that a water main near the university broke this morning. Which means that I have no water in my lab, and all of the toilets are locked. Good thing that I didn't eat any burritos last night...

8 comments:

Douglas said...

And Kerry Wood's already injured!

jeff said...

It's just a niggle. Don't try to rain on my parade before the season has even begun.

Douglas said...

i'm not raining on parades. i'm just saying. i feel entitled to warn you what you're in for, from a position of experience. he was out for something like three weeks with a blister last year... sorry. it's just the uh cubfan in me.

Alex said...

The only thing worse than baseball is baseball that doesn't count.


Ignore that last sentence if the Rangers are above .500 8 weeks in.

Unknown said...

Baseball is the ironic sport of choice. Hipster-spiel.

jeff said...

Ok Mr. "I will apply the hipster label to everything that Jeff writes about." Here's one: tooling around Montreal on custom-made, metallic green, fixed-gear bike. Where does that fall on your hipster continuum?

Alex said...

oh. snap.

Unknown said...

Snap indeed!

Don't be distressed, Mr. Jeff. I meant the hipster comments ironically.

My bike has no street cred. Brakes, springs in the saddle, luggage rack, and German lighting system: it's less hipster and more pansy.